The Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Most people would do just about anything to avoid becoming dependent on medications with all their side effects or having to undergo surgery to find relief from back pain, sciatica or neck pain and headaches. Fortunately, chiropractic care provides such an option. Doctors of chiropractic (DCs) have been earning the trust of patients because of their natural, holistic approach to treating these types of ailments. Doctors of chiropractic appreciate that a person is made up of interdependent parts, and—if one part is not working properly—all the other parts will be affected. If you’ve never been to a chiropractor, here’s what you can expect:
- An in-depth evaluation that could include X-rays, a chiropractic structural exam that focuses attention on the spine and pelvis and possibly a laboratory analysis of blood and urine samples.
- A posture test check for irregularities in balance and joint motion.
- Gentle correction of any misalignments in the spine and pelvis through manual and instrument adjustments.
- Specific stretching techniques and soft tissue rehabilitation.
- Advice and suggestions on nutrition, exercise, stress reduction and lifestyle changes.
“Chiropractors recognize that achieving better structural balance and joint motion is important to relieving many symptoms and improving health,” says Dr. Bryan Cecil of DC Chiropractic & Wellness Center. “Chiropractic care is safe and cost-effective with high grades in patient satisfaction. There are many significant reasons why health experts are recommending chiropractic first, medication second and surgery last.”